Adam: That of which wisdom saith, "Thou shalt surely die."
Lesson topic: CHRISTIAN SCIENCE
Answer. - They have not, if by that term is meant
doctrinal beliefs. The following is a brief exposition of
the important points, or religious tenets, of Christian
( - Tenets -)
1. As adherents of Truth, we take the inspired Word
of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life.
2. We acknowledge and adore one supreme and infinite
God. We acknowledge His Son, one Christ; the
Holy Ghost or divine Comforter; and man in God's
image and likeness.
3. We acknowledge God's forgiveness of sin in the
destruction of sin and the spiritual understanding that
casts out evil as unreal. But the belief in sin is punished
so long as the belief lasts.
4. We acknowledge Jesus' atonement as the evidence
of divine, efficacious Love, unfolding man's unity
with God through Christ Jesus the Way-shower; and
we acknowledge that man is saved through Christ,
through Truth, Life, and Love as demonstrated by the
Galilean Prophet in healing the sick and overcoming
sin and death.
5. We acknowledge that the crucifixion of Jesus and
his resurrection served to uplift faith to understand eternal
Life, even the allness of Soul, Spirit, and the nothingness
6. And we solemnly promise to watch, and pray for
that Mind to be in us which was also in Christ Jesus; to
do unto others as we would have them do unto us; and
to be merciful, just, and pure.
topic 83 -